Pool & Spa Cover
In Green Valley, we can go from below freezing in the morning to 70s and 80s by afternoon. To reduce heating costs for our HOA, during the winter months the pool is covered in late afternoon and uncovered during the day.
The general rule is that if daytime highs are forecast to be below 60 degrees, pool volunteers should keep the pool covered. Other factors, such as wind and time of day can also play into the decision to cover or not. For example, if the daytime high is forecast to be 62 degrees but with high winds, the pool may remain covered. Or, the pool may remain covered in the morning for cold weather but uncovered later in the day as the temperature warms.
If you wish to use the pool or spa and find them covered, you may uncover, then recover when you are done or, if the temperature has risen, leave the pool uncovered. The pool/spa will not be closed but will remain available for the use of residents.
The Legends’ pool is a shared community asset with responsibility to cover/uncover the pool and spa shared by both pool volunteers and pool users using their best judgement to reduce our operational costs.
Please note: We do not want anyone taking the pool sweeper in or out of the pool. If the vacuum is in the pool and in your way, please just drape the hose up on the pool walkway by the edge of the steps on either side, so it doesn’t create a tripping hazard. DO NOT bring the vacuum head out of the water, only the hose. That causes air to get in the lines on the vacuum and can cause problems with the pool sweeper. When you are done swimming, please take the hose off the walkway and drop it back in the pool so the vacuum can move around to clean the pool. Only those who have been trained to operate the vacuum system will put the vacuum in and take it out. Thank you for your cooperation!
1. DIVING INTO THE POOL OR SPA IS FORBIDDEN.
2. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 14 MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A RESPONSIBLE ADULT.
3. YOU MUST SHOWER BEFORE USING THE POOL OR SPA.
4. RUNNING OR ROUGH PLAY IS NOT ALLOWED.
5. GLASS CONTAINERS OR PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
6. STAY AWAY FROM POOL OR SPA DRAINS.
7. IF YOU HAVE HAD A GASTROINTESTINAL ILLNESS IN THE LAST TWO WEEKS – DO NOT USE THE POOL OR SPA.
8. CLEAN AND STRAIGHTEN UP CHAIRS, TABLES AND THE GENERAL AREA BEFORE YOU LEAVE.
9. THIS FACILITY IS FOR THE PRIVATE USE OF THE LEGENDS HOMEOWNERS. THE LEGENDS HOA AND/OR MANAGEMENT CAN DENY THE USE OF THE FACILITY TO ANYONE AT ANY TIME.
THERE ARE NO TELEPHONES IN THE POOL FACILITY; IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY USE A CELL PHONE.
Insurance requirements and safety considerations lead to the establishment of official pool rules…
2. CHILDREN AGE 7 OR UNDER CAN’T BE IN THE POOL ALONE – THEY MUST HAVE A RESPONSIBLE ADULT IN THE POOL WITH THEM.
3. FIGHTING, DUNKING OR ROUGH PLAY IS PROHIBITED.
4. DO NOT USE POOL WHEN UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS OR ALCOHOL.
5. SWIMMERS WITH MEDICAL CONDITIONS SHOULD SWIM WITH A BUDDY.
6. DO NOT LEAVE ANY FLOATING CHAIRS, TOYS OR DEVICES IN THE LEGENDS POOL FACILITY.
7. TO REMOVE POOL COVER – ASK OR CALL SOMEONE TO HELP YOU. PHONE NUMBERS ARE BY THE GATE
8. POOL SWEEPER MUST BE LEFT IN THE POOL AND DO NOT WRAP HOSE AROUND STEP RAILING.
9. IN AN EMERGENCY DIAL 9-1-1.THERE ARE NO TELEPHONES IN THE LEGENDS POOL FACILITY. IN CASE OF EMERGENCY USE CELL PHONE.
1. DIVING OR JUMPING INTO THE SPA IS PROHIBITED.
2. CHILDREN AGE 7 OR UNDER ARE NOT ALLOWED IN THE SPA.
3. MUST BE 40 INCHES OR MORE TO TOP OF SHOULDER TO ENTER SPA. MEASURE AT WALL (using the arrow).
4. CHILDREN AGED 8 TO 13 CAN’T BE IN THE SPA BY THEMSELVES, A RESPONSIBLE ADULT MUST BE IN THE SPA WITH THEM.
5. DUNKING HEAD UNDER WATER OR PLAYING IN THE SPA IS PROHIBITED.
6. IF YOU HAVE LONG HAIR STAY AWAY FROM DRAINS.
7. THE RECOMMENDED MAXIMUM TIME TO STAY IN THE SPA:
8 TO 13 YEARS 5 MINUTES
14 TO 17 YEARS 10 MINUTES
ADULTS 15 MINUTES
9. DO NOT USE SPA WHEN UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS OR ALCOHOL.
10. IF YOU HAVE A MEDICAL CONDITION, DISCUSS THE USE OF THE SPA WITH YOUR DOCTOR.
11. WHEN FINISHED USING THE SPA, TURN OFF THE JETS AND REPLACE THE COVER.
The Pool Committee, in an attempt to establish guidelines for pool use, wishes to emphasize the concept of being ‘neighborhood friendly’ as the pool is owned and cared for by the property owners of The Legends. We want to preserve the quality of the pool facility while ensuring that all property owners, renters and tenants of The Legends have access to the pool.
Property owners and tenants in The Legends HOA are allowed to use The Legends community pool facility during any “private” or “Legends Community” party. When a property owner of The Legends wishes to host a party at the pool, the pool committee recommends the following:
3. For safety reasons, limit the size of the party to 40 people (maximum). The size of the pool parking lot is limited. Please ask your guests to carpool in order to keep the number of cars to a minimum.
4. If there are children 14 and under using the swimming pool and/or spa, the requesting property owner must assign an adult the responsibility to monitor the pool/spa areas.
5. Private pool parties should be for ‘occasional’ special events (birthdays, anniversaries) and not a regularly scheduled event, such as the monthly Legends Community Potluck.
6. Residents who host a pool party assume the responsibility for cleaning up the pool area when the party is finished. Cleaning includes washing tables, stacking chairs, cleaning the bathroom area and removing the trash from the pool area. If it is necessary to use the pool garbage cans, make sure the garbage cans are pulled out to the street for collection on the morning of trash pickup and returned to the pool after collection occurs.We are proud of the pool facility and encourage all residents of The Legends to use it. It is a great asset to the neighborhood. Have fun and enjoy it!